Experience the world with Schiller…
...at home and abroad
Students who go on to tertiary studies find themselves more comfortable in 'foreign' environments. Prospective employers in almost every field look favorably upon experience gained while living overseas and knowledge obtained of another language and culture.
A primary educational goal is for Schillerites to understand "how they fit" in our increasingly global society. Schiller's robust diversity gives schillerites the empathetic skills they need to become responsible global citizens.
Increased pressure to communicate and relate to others develops an awareness of group dynamics and personal sensitivity towards others.
Schiller has taken one step ahead by going Global we are providing our students global exposure through regular embassy visits -Foreign delegates visiting School and students exchange program.
Participating in a student exchange program is a perfect opportunity for students-
- To visit foreign countries, learn more about other cultures, and learn a foreign language.
- Gaining an opportunity to learn a new culture and a different language would be the primary benefits of joining an international exchange program for students.
- As most of them would stay with local families during the program, they would most likely involve in local residents` daily lives.
- Through the interaction, these youngsters could have a better understanding of their destination country`s traditions and cultures. Similarly, their second language would be greatly improved because they have to spend most of the time using it to communicate.
- Another advantage for exchange students would be to develop their independent abilities. Staying in an alien country, these immature minds have to deal with many problems that they would never meet in their home countries. For example, with very limited local language and few friends, they may have to confront a sense of loneliness, and how to get on with local students. By overcoming these difficulties, they could better handle many problems in future studies or careers.
International exchange programs, however, also have some negative aspects. For example, the expenditure of such programs are often expensive. For many families, especially average ones, this expense could be a great financial burden. In addition, the tradition and culture of the students` destination countries would greatly differ to their own ones, thus many of them may feel alienated and homesick.
In conclusion, although international exchange programs cause some issues, they could greatly benefit students in many aspects. For example, they offer an opportunity to these students to learn a different culture and language while improving their independence. For this reason, We believe that advantages of such programs outweigh their disadvantages.
Schillerite = Globalite program is an exciting opportunity both for faculty and students. At Schiller to experience new, modern ways of teaching and learning.
Schiller develop empathy, understanding, and compassion for others. We benefit from expanded course offerings and teaching networks, while promoting students' global awareness and understanding with different countries.